Saturday, October 03, 2009

Wild Thing - Collage

This is collage number 10, only 2 more to go and I can make my calendar! :-)


I've been playing even more with the background on this one than on all the others, including some of my patterns (falling blossom and the wall flowers), and lots of my own textures.

However, as always there are some others I added to the mix:
- Khaosdog Blood Splatter textures
- Freaky665 Memories

The hummingbird is a bit of a generic bird rather than a specific one as I couldn't find one that ticked all the boxes. It has the tail of a scissor tail and the red throat of the aptly named red-throated hummingbird, however, the wing/body colour is not something I've seen in any of the ones I looked at.


I spend a lot of time researching each animal/insect that I paint. Firstly, I like them, secondly, I usually prefer to paint them as anatomically correct as I can, but sometimes you need to use artistic license to get the painting you want. :-)

The image is inspired by the song 'Wild Thing', this sort of 'Wild Thing' does indeed make my heart sing. :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little bird. Nice work Sybille.
    Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummingbirds - this one looks particularly cuddlesome! I like the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sybille! All your collages are so amazing!! A calendar! What a wonderful idea!!
    xo Cait
    www.barefootweaver.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...