Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More Stretchy Magic - Peacock and Raspberry

Might have said it before, but I just managed to get hold of some really beautiful vintage beads, so I wanted to make something special.
The curvy spacers came all the way from China and I've added large vintage jet and Aurora Borealis (AB) coated feature beads with oblong teal beads on either side and more vintage beads in purple and AB coated dark blue. Finally, I used a few new AB coated emerald and teal faceted beads. To add more interest and space the beads so the bracelet would have the exact length I required I used lovely teal silverlined seedbeads and a few tiny flower spacers. The bracelet is quite large and slips fairly easily over the hand. I am very pleased with the colour and the way it shimmers like a peacock's feathers.

The Rasperry bracelet was only finished this afternoon. It is more delicate than the Peacock bracelet, and shimmers in all shades of reds and pink.


I have used very thin spacers with embossed flowers, Swarovski bicones in garnet, fuchsia and siam, three different shades of faceted Czech beads, dark red AB coated round beads, and beautiful oblong red vintage beads in three different shades of red. Interspersed are beautiful red AB coated delicas. I love the red lusciousness of the bracelet. It almost looks edible. :-)



Both bracelets are for sale. E-mail me if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...