Third in my new series called Dissembling
v. dis·sem·bled, dis·sem·bling, dis·sem·bles
1. To disguise or conceal behind a false appearance. See Synonyms at disguise.
2. To make a false show of; feign.
To disguise or conceal one's real nature, motives, or feelings behind a false appearance.
From The Free Dictionary
The series is about the different guises and masks we wear.
This particular image is about the dark side we often hide even from ourselves. The more images I create in this series the more I realise that dissembling is about balance, or rather imbalance. The more we hide from ourselves the less balance we achieve and that leaves us less control over who we are and what we do. The dark side is there in all of us, but life becomes ever more politically correct and although anger can be a negative and destructive force if it is out of control, it can also be a freeing and constructive emotion if balanced with consideration and rationality. We need to accept our dark side and use it in the right way which is impossible if we negate the fact that it's there in the first place, hence the name of the image.
- Portrait by Blair-W
- Fire by Mihaell
- Fire Stock by thesuper:http://thesuper.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Stock-67132129
- Odds & Ends Texture Set by Shadowhouse
- Perfect Portrait 3 Action by TheCoffeeshopBlog
- Eyelashes Photoshop Brushes by redheadstock
All others images/textures/brushes my own