Thursday, August 07, 2008

Yellow-Mellow Flower Garland

This was a story and a half! It was meant to be a pink rose garland!

The vine necklace part was ready, I'd made some lovely flower centres from pink variegated cotton and was about to assemble the flowers when I realised, no pink silk rods! I thought I'd bought pink ones, and then realised what had looked pink on the screen had been a sort of coral/tangerine orange.

Never mind, pink roses became yellow-mellow sunshine flowers. :-)


Problem was, I had to change the centres. I could have crocheted some more in a deep golden brown, but then decided that I might as well use the natural cocoons. Works well I think. See the pictures below:



This is the shortest of the three garlands I've made so far. It works really well as the flowers are closer together and it has a lovely luscious organic feel to it. The methods used are as before with the green silky cord and detail added with a green wool covered steel yarn. The beads in the centre are little plastic moulded transparent flower cups, golden coloured shimmery glass beads and buttermilk opaque seed beads.



The cocoons are a matching orange.



The clasp is a simple toggle design where the bead slips through a hole in a leaf shape. The bead is porcelain with a butterfly design on it.




This garland will be available together with the blue and yellow one in my Etsy shop (hopefully later today). The gothic one will be available as a custom order. I have many more colours in the silk (just no pink!), the cocoons and the silky cord so you can choose your favourite colours.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, luscious colours!! Never mind about not having pink, this works really well, very sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree (yet again!) with Caroline, I think these colours work really well.
    P.x

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...