Friday, August 15, 2008

Funky Fuzzy Felts

Here are my first two experiments with wet felting. This is something I've never done before, so I am really proud of them.

Kingfisher Bracelet


The felted beads are two-tone and so are the square glass beads: bright green and teal. I love greens and blues together, but the shades have to be just right. All the findings are sterling silver including the funky silver bead caps. There's a little flower dangle made from a teal lustre flower bead and a teeny tiny bright green frosted Toho bead.


The bracelet is a little longer than my normal medium sized ones, but if required can be shortened, although, saying that, because of the size of the beads it is more comfortable if it is a little larger than you would normal wear it.






Raspberries and Blueberries



This bracelet has also been made with two-tone felt beads, this time in purple and pink. All findings are sterling silver and the beads I used are sugilite and purple jade. I love the deep purple of sugilite, which I'd never seen before I'd bought it.






I have to say wet felting was great fun and I've got some other experiments on the boil including a necklace and bracelet set made completely from felt and silk. I am also about to embark on some needle felting. LOL I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Well done you! I really like the effect of silver caps on the felt balls & combining metal, beads & felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice combinations of colours and materials

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...