Saturday, October 20, 2012

upon waking

© Sybille Sterk
Do not copy or publish this in any way, shape or form without my written permission.

The image was taken this week at the park. I lvoed the wonderful golden leaves of the beech trees, especially as a lot of the other leafy trees are still green. The poem came to me yesterday when I woke up, hence the title. My mind seems to be very active when I am asleep which explains why I am always so tired in the mornings. LOL

the many nights
that found the morning light
glittering on my cheeks
like shards of glass
and my heart
running through my fingers
into the ocean of
might-have-been
and never-will-be 
 You can read the whole poem here.

 All images/textures/brushes my own or bought. Edited with Photoshop.

All my images are available on Redbubble, Artflakes, Society6 and Bluecanvas as prints, cards, posters, skins for laptops, Blackberry, iPhones and other phones (for the skins go to Bluecanvas).

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - I always love the look of bright autumn leaves against a blue sky and you've captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essentially Autumn - what a lovely photo. x

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...