Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dissembling - Age of Technology

 
 

First in a new series called "Dissembling"
dis·sem·ble  (d-smbl)
v. dis·sem·bled, dis·sem·bling, dis·sem·bles
1. To disguise or conceal behind a false appearance. See Synonyms at disguise.
2. To make a false show of; feign.
To disguise or conceal one's real nature, motives, or feelings behind a false appearance.
From The Free Dictionary
The series is about the different guises and masks we wear.

This particular image, the first in the series, is about the way technology changes us. From the internet to the way we interact with each other to the way it allows us to hide who we really are and what we look like to the effects it has on our every day lives from the way it brings us closer together to the second hand nature of many of the things we experience.

Just in case you're wondering, I don't think technology is an 'evil thing' but I think it sometimes changes and affects us and the way we live in unexpected ways and it's important to consider what is happening to us with technology more and more taking over.

Credits
Model
Textures
Actions
All others images/textures/brushes my own:
  • MM Industrial Textures Set - my own
  • MM Sky Textures Set - my own
  • MM Crack Brushes Set - my own

MCN: CMMHE-CFN3A-KRY3V

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm feeling a poem in this. Perhaps with the Lady's permission I will let it take hold of me over a couple of days and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...