Monday, June 27, 2011

Birds and More Birds (Mobiles)

 Indigo Birds
 
Three birds and two clouds.
Materials used: hemp and embroidery lace, two indigo blue African fabrics with different patterns, one cream coloured fabric (also African), black felt, wooden and glass beads, vintage lace, stuffing and drift wood. The birds, their wings and the clouds are stuffed. Each bird is unique and it's perfect for any room, although I'd not recommend it for a bathroom.
The mobile took about 3 days to make and will be in my Etsy shop shortly or you can contact me for details if you're in a hurry. :-)

Teal Love Birds
 
The cutest little love birds sitting on a swing facing each other.
Materials used: silk pods (2 shades of teal), wooden and glass beads, guinea fowl and teal/black coloured feathers, sequins, buttons, hemp, felt, driftwood.
The mobile took about 1 day to make and will be in my Etsy shop shortly or you can contact me for details if you're in a hurry. :-)

Sorry for the poor picture quality - it was very windy. I'll try and take some better pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! Yes, better photos so we can see them up close in all their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute birds! my favourites are the hemp ones at the top. Penny.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...