Friday, June 08, 2007

More Square Rings - Black Daisy Set

I said I'd make some black square rings. Here's the set I designed with them.

Black Daisy:

I've used thicker black enamelled wire to create split rings - rather than the silver plated ones these are double rings because the wire was thinner and I wanted some extra stability.

I then made little square 'beads' using crochet. Each of the square beads is different, one (the one in the centre in the close-up picture below) even using a weaving technique. The gorgeous flat square Millefiori beads in black, deep yellow and white were added with eye pins and jump rings in black plated metal.

Here's the close-up showing the detail of the crochet and the Millefiori beads.

This is the necklace I made to go with the bracelet:

Again, all four squares are different and everything is held together with black plated findings. I am so pleased with the set. I think it's really special and modern without being sterile, organic and abstract at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely Sybille, especially the way you have crocheted each wire bead differently, and the Millefiori beads go with them so well.
    Penny.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very unusual and have a feeling of coming from a past era. Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite beautiful, very creative, almost lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-thats really pretty and unusual.
    It works really well.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...