Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tough Luck

Unfortunately, my hard drive is totally dead. So I won't be able to get any data off it, which is rather annoying as I have no backup of my e-mail or bookmarks. The bookmarks have been collected for months and months so I'll have to try and remember the important ones. I've also lost my collection of online knitting patterns and the ones I downloaded. The worst bit is that this means I cannot paint until I've got a new hard drive which hopefully should arrive today... and then I'll have to re-install the operating system... the software... get the settings sorted out. Sigh. Never mind.

My yarn dying experiment with the beautiful bamboo yarn was a big success yesterday. I managed to get a variety of shades of mermaid (jade) green/blue and it's drying as we speak. Once it's dry I'll take some pictures. This time I didn't forget to take some 'before' pictures.

I am not sure what I'll make with it yet. Part of me is thinking of a mermaid shawl in freeform - combining knitting and crochet to make something that is organic and has a lot of texture and flow. On the other hand the green/blue would be lovely as a top...

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this comes a bit late, but if you are using Firefox, get an addon called Xmarks - it synchronizes your bookmarks to a web-profile, which you can then download to other computers you use.

    I would not leave home without it!

    You know there are services that retrieve data from dead HD's? Though they cost platinum. Just if you are desperate enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this Sybille.
    Penny.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...