Thursday, September 11, 2008

Felted Flowers - Caroline's Brooch and Stacie's Hair Barrette

Caroline and I have been buying wool together and been swapping things rather than paying each other. I got the most gorgeous pineapple ramie scarf from her - you can see a picture of it on Caroline's blog.

I made the brooch for her in exchange for the postage. Yep, we've been having fun! :-) The little hair barrette was a little surprise for her daughter Stacie. They arrived today so I can finally post the pictures! ;-)



The brooch was made in three layers, first a damson layer, then the bright pink, then the paler pink. The conglomeration of beads in the centre gives it texture. The back is the same as for the African/Tribal brooch in the previous post.





Stacie's hair barette was made in several layers. Each of the leaves was made separately, then I made the pink flower, added the orange and yellow centre. The beads are stitched onto the centre of the flower, then I sew it onto the barette. It looks totally cute when worn.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sybille - both are gorgeous - Stacie was so chuffed to come home and find such a nice surprise. I shall be sporting mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...