Thursday, August 02, 2007

Commissions

Isn't that typical, I am off this week to look after my lovely son, but, of course, I've got a nasty cold, and then I had two commissions of my website as well. However, the commissions were far more fun than the cold.

The first one was for a little girl called Lola who loves foxes. I had to order the little fox specially for her as I'd already sold the other fox necklace I'd made. To keep things unique I've also used different beads and combined it with red an orange beads this time and the same very thin leather thong.

The little fox is so cute and I just love his little face. The beads are ceramic, glass and wood all combined.


The second commission was a green spectacle chain. Just as well that I only buy small quantities of my beads so I never get tempted or accidentally use the same beads again.

I've used lots of different beads here from Indian lampwork to catseye to Japanese Miyuki cubes and Toho seedbeads to frosted glass and beads decorated with golden lines. The shapes are all different, too, from large flat squares to rice shaped to fat or flat ovals, to small and large rounds to little flying saucers, to cubes and potato shaped beads. The different shapes, colours and textures add a great deal to the overall look and make it far more interesting than using the same type of bead throughout.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty green beads! The little fox is a sweetie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, I bet the little girl is pleased with her red necklace.
    P.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that spec lace.beautiful beads.
    should make a necklace like that Sybille!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Many thanks for the spectacle chain - it's really perfect and just what I was looking for! Well made and really decorative which is fab - thanks again!
    Sian

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...