Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Purple Peacock

This I made this afternoon. I had the beads and findings all read but hadn't had time to put it all together. I've used deep purple freshwater pears, candy jade in different sizes and shades (from lavender, to purple, to plum), plum opal glass chips, Amethyst nuggets and chips and deep plum coloured, silver lined seed beads. The beautiful connectors have a purple stone (not sure what it is) set in the middle and lovely engravings. I've also used little stick and 1-3 connectors and silverplated chain.

The glass chips have an opal effect so seem much more red in the photo than in real life. When the necklace was finished it reminded me of the way a purples tail unfolds with the beautiful purple connectors making the "eyes" of the tail.

Here's a close-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...