Tuesday, September 04, 2012

If not now, when?

© Sybille Sterk
© Sybille Sterk
Do not copy or publish this in any way, shape or form without my written permission.
All my own images.

The photo was taken in Cambridgeshire (near Balsham) and edited in Photoshop with my own textures. The quote is from graffiti I saw on a chimney a while back. I always loved it.

I couldn't decide which version I liked better - colour or black and white, so I am posting both. I felt that each had a different message. For me the black and white image seems to come from a place of despair and the quote seems to be a last ditch attempt to save what can be saved, whereas the colour version seems to carry a feeling of excitement and the quote appears to be full of wonder.

What do you think? Which version do you like better?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I totally agree...the first one with color seems much more optimistic...sort of like a reminder to enjoy life while the black and white one is more sad and haunting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how the change of colour totally changes the meaning of the phrase. I prefer the first one only because the black and white one makes me uneasy!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...