Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sweeny Todd Burgundy Lace Wrist Warmers

I know, I know, I just have a thing about wrist warmers. I don't like gloves very much because they make it so difficult to grasp/hold things, but in this particularly cold Winter something to keep your hands warm is needed.

The pattern for these came from the latest (February issue) Simply Knitting magazine.

However, I used a different yarn from those recommended and had to make a few changes. The picot edging is slightly different and they are longer than the original pattern. However, they'd look different even without my changes!

I've used a wonderful dark red rough silk that is pleasant to wear all year round and they'd be perfect to wear inside the house (typing, knitting etc) as well as outside.

I am currently making myself a scarf to match and there will be more of these in different colours soon.

1 comment:

  1. So that's what this pattern looks like finished! Really cool! Better get on and finish mine to see if they will come out as good!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...