Friday, March 28, 2008

Mermaid's Garden

Sorry, got a bit carried away with the pictures. I just felt it needed to be seen from all possible angles. :-) This is my favourite lariat yet. Oh, and just so you know, it's MINE. Going to wear this tonight too. Nope, I am not going to look like a Christmas tree, it's all going to be stylish and elegant. ;-)

Here's the whole lariat.

It includes: mostly sterling silver findings, although there are some (vintage) findings that are more silver coloured, but they worked so I didn't care. :-) You will also find a lovely vintage stamping of a seahorse, sea glass, lots and lots of glass beads (shells, nuggets, dimes, rounds, art glass, faceted and plain), lovely silvery grey fresh water pearls, palest green jade cubes, chalcedony chips, and sterling silver sequins, and various connectors, from wavy to twisted. The large leaf shape was made by yours truly, my very first attempt at hammering the life out of a piece of metal....



Here you can see the chain and beads in a bit more detail.



More detail with seahorse:

Same detail, different angle (look, I did warn you in the first sentence!). :-)

Finally, the sea glass and the seahorse's head in detail:


The sea glass when I'd wrapped it up with those lovely vintage beadcaps and the little leaf bezels, reminded me of flowers and leaves, hence the garden. The sea glass is in three different shades of turquoise blue, starting with palest icy blue to almost teal blue.


3 comments:

  1. oooh, lovely! I often wonder exactly what it was that produced that wonderful shade of blue in sea glass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You've been busy.
    Sun catchers are lovely and you are really diversifying with your jewellery. Well done!
    :0))
    thanks for comments on my blog too :0))

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...